Information Collection and Use
- Information Collected Upon Registration : When you create or reconfigure a Arena account, you provide some personal information. Some of this information is listed publicly on our Services. Some Services do not require registration.
- Additional Information : You may provide us with profile information to make public. You may provide information to customize your account. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services or to market to you. We may use your contact information to help others find your Arena account, including through third-party services and client applications. You may choose to upload your address book so that we can help you find Arena users you know. If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. If you connect your Arena account to your account on another service in order to cross-post between Arena and that service, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize.
- Location Information : You may choose to publish your location in the Services. You may also tell us your location when you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services and to improve and customize the Services.
- Links : Arena may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- Log Data : Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our websites, sign into our Services, interact with our email notifications, use your Arena account to authenticate to a third-party website or application, or visit a third-party website that includes a Arena button or widget. Arena uses Log Data to provide our Services and to measure, customize, and improve them.
- Widget Data : We may tailor content for you based on your visits to third-party websites that integrate Arena buttons or widgets. When these websites first load our buttons or widgets for display, we receive Log Data, including the web page you visited and a cookie that identifies your browser (“Widget Data”). While we have the Widget Data, we may use it to tailor content for you.
- Third Parties : Arena may use a variety of third-party services to help provide our Services, and to help us understand the use of our Services. These third-party service providers may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address. Third-party ad partners may share information with us, like a browser cookie ID or cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to help us measure ad quality and tailor ads. For example, this allows us to display ads about things you may have already shown interest in.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Your Consent : We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your Arena account.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information : We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information, the people you follow or that follow you, or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did).
- Third party websites and/or resources : Users may find advertising or other content on the Services that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Services. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Services, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.